- Once the company profile is created, the user will get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org containing the login credentials.
- The user can click on the URL in the email or go to https://lite.thousense.ai/login. Use the credentials received in the email to login.
- On first login, the user will be prompted to change their password as a standard process to comply with the security.
- Upon confirmation, the user will have to go back to the login page and login again with the new password.
Once the user logs in, for the first successful login, the user will get a welcome modal asking you to start the configuration process
Setup – Configure your Dashboard
Configure Global Settings
- When the user clicks on the ‘Setup’ tab in the header for the first time (or clicks on ‘Configure’ on the Welcome Modal, the user is taken to https://lite.thousense.ai/setup/configure-thousense
- The user will be greeted by a modal asking you to set your global settings. The global settings requires the users to provide information of:
1. Time Zone
2. Date Format
- Once the user has set their Time Zone and Date Format and clicked on confirm, these settings are stored and utilized by thouSense Lite to showcase the dashboard information and logs in the chosen time zone. The date format is utilized across the system for data quality checks.
*NOTE* - The user will only be able to set these parameters once. Please contact the thouSense Lite team in case you need to update these parameters
- Once the global setting information has been set by the user, the user is allowed to continue to upload their datasets for generating their demand.
- The user is allowed to upload two kinds of data sets:
- Hierarchy Data
- Demand Data(Mandatory)
- File Format Supported – CSV
- Example File Format :
- File Format Supported – CSV
- Example File Format :
- All the columns before the date column are considered as hierarchy columns and are available as a filter when you look at the reports.
- It is mandatory to have the date as the 2nd last column of the file while the last column is expected to be quantity.
FAQs about Demand Data
Duplicate Rows – The thouSense Lite system only allows for one row per combination for a unique date. In case two rows are available in the uploaded file that contains the same information of item code-warehouse-date but have different quantities, only the last row will be considered and the remaining rows for this combination above the last row will be dropped. Please aggregate the data for all combinations at a daily level before uploading to avoid data quality issues.
Date Format – For both the first and incremental demand data uploads, please make sure to upload the data in the same date format as defined in the global settings. If the data is uploaded in a different date format, it may cause the upload to fail/cause data inconsistency.
Quantity Column - The quantity column should not have any commas between the numbers. For example, if the quantity for Product A at Location B is 66000, if the quantity mentioned is 66,000 (with a comma), the row will be dropped. This has been added to maintain the sanctity of the number format
Headers – For incremental uploads, the headers need to be consistent i.e. the header names and number of columns should always be the same as done during the first upload. In case additional columns are added or existing ones are removed in a new upload, the upload will fail.
Once the user has uploaded the data and clicked on ‘Next’, the user will see an ‘Upload Summary’ page. This page contains information on all the uploads that the user has made in the past along with the status of those uploads.
Every time a user uploads a file, they see a timestamp log along with the data ingested into the system at an individual file level. In case there are any errors identified in any of the rows during the upload, the status will show ‘Partially Completed’ if a few rows have been omitted due to errors or ‘Failed’ if all rows have issues / the file schema has changed.
The errors related to the failure and partial completion can be seen by clicking on the yellow (partially completed) or red (failed) box in the Status column. This will redirect the user to the dashboard where the identified exception and reasons for failure/dropping of rows is listed.
Download Rows with Exceptions – Partially Completed Upload
In the case when a file uploaded by the user is only partially completed, the user will get an option to ‘Download’ list of rows with exceptions.
Once the user clicks on the ‘Download’ button, a CSV file will be downloaded that will contain the list of rows, along with the row number where the issue was identified and the exception that was raised corresponding to that specific row.
The user can verify, resolve these issues and re-upload the data with the required changes to resolve the exceptions.
*NOTE* - The list of exception rows is only available for the most recent demand data upload. After a new file is uploaded, the list of exceptions for the previous uploads is no longer available to the user.
Actions – Download Individual Data Upload
The user can download individual files that they have uploaded to thouSense Lite by clicking on the ‘Download’ icon under the actions column on the upload summary page. This will download the file that has been uploaded by the user in the raw format i.e. as it was uploaded onto the system without any exceptions that the system may have raised.